Recipe: Flavorful Pizza Carbonara
Summary: Cook a delicious carbonara style pizza tonight!
- Any type of pizza crust you prefer
- Your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/3 cup of green onions (chopped)
- 8 slices of bacon (crispy)
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 13×9-inch pan. Spread the dough and place it on the greased pan.
- Bake at 400°F for about 8 minutes until the crust is a light golden brown.
- As the crust cooks, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Using a wire whisk, mix in the flour. Cook this mixture until it is smooth and bubbly, stirring regularly.
- Gradually add the milk. Slowly bring this to a boil over medium heat, whisking regularly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Parmesan or Romano cheese and hot sauce. Stir until the cheese is well melted.
- Spread the sauce mixture over the partially baked crust. Top it with green onions, bacon, and mushrooms. Then, scatter mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake an additional 8-11 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Be sure to let it cool down before eating.
Cooking time (duration): 25 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1 Pizza