Summary: Learn to cook an delectable carbonara dinner.
- 8 slices of bacon (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- To begin with this carbonara recipe, boil the spaghetti in a pot of water until it is done. Drain the pasta well and then toss it with one tablespoon of olive oil. Set it aside.
- Cook the chopped bacon in a skillet until it is slightly crisp and then remove it and drain on a paper towel. Set aside two tablespoons of the bacon fat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and heat it in the skillet. Add the chopped onion and allow it to cook on medium until the onion becomes translucent. Add the minced garlic, cooking for an extra minute. I prefer to add some wine at this point to enhance the taste and allow it to cook for an additional minute.
- Place the cooked bacon in the pan along with the spaghetti. Toss it so that it coats and heats through. When I find it becoming dry or beginning to stick together, I normally add some more olive oil.
- Add the beaten eggs and allow it to cook while continuing to toss with tongs until the eggs are just hardly set. You may then add a 1/2 cup of cheese. I don’t normally add salt because the bacon and Parmesan add plenty to this dish, although I do use a dash of pepper.
- Sprinkle the dish with chopped parsley and serve it while it’s still hot with the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
Cooking time (duration): 40 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8 Servings